The best online fundraising site to use for your mission trip
 Loading... Please wait...

The best online fundraising site for your mission trip

The best online fundraising site for your mission tripA fundraising website can make donating to your trip much easier for people. Online donations are easy to keep track of and avoid donation paperwork that can cause a headache. It's also a great way for people to follow your fundraising progress and see what you need to meet your goal. Here are some popular fundraising sites, as well as the best one for mission trip fundraising.

How to determine the best

How do we determine which fundraising site is the best? They all look pretty cool and do essentially the same thing (collecting donations on your behalf).

This comparison is based on one thing: How much of your donations will they keep?

All fundraising sites will keep a percentage of the donations you receive to cover credit card processing fees as well as earn a profit. There's nothing wrong with any site making a profit on their service. However, what's probably best for you is to use the site that charges you the lowest percentage.

Fundraising site comparisons

Let's pretend that you need to raise $2000 for your mission trip. If you collect all $2000 through your fundraising site, how much of the $2000 in donations will each site keep?

When it comes to fundraising sites, choose wisely.

GoFundMe: 2.9% + 5% = 7.9%

GoFundMe.com charges 2.9% to cover credit card processing, plus an extra 5% for their service. That's a total of 7.9%. If you raise $2000 for your mission trip, GoFundMe will keep $158.

Fundly: 3% + 4.9% = 7.9%

Fundly.com charges 3% to cover credit card processing, plus an extra 4.9% for their service. Just like GoFundMe, that's a total of 7.9%. If you raise $2000 for your mission trip, Fundly will keep $158.

Indiegogo: 3% + 4% = 7%

Indiegogo.com charges 3% to cover credit card processing, plus an extra 4% for their service. That's a total of 7%. If you receive $2000 in donations, Indiegogo will keep $140.

YouCaring: 2.9% + 0% = 2.9%

YouCaring.com charges 2.9% to cover credit card processing, and doesn't charge anything extra for their service! YouCaring is donor-funded, which means that they don't need to rely on charging an extra fee for their service! With a flat fee of 2.9%, if you receive $2000 in donations, YouCaring will only keep $58.

The best fundraising site

By using YouCaring.com instead of another site, you'll save about $100 in fees. This number becomes even more significant if you're raising $3000 or even $5000 for a longer mission trip. When it comes to fundraising sites, choose wisely. This small step can make a big difference in the long run. 


Note: Prepare My Mission is not affiliated with any fundraising sites mentioned, and no sites have paid to be listed or recommended. We just want to help you make the most of the donations that you receive.


Written by CJ