EPISODE 22: 6 Lies we tell ourselves that keep us from serving
In this episode we discuss 6 lies that we tell ourselves that keep us from serving. We also answer a listener's question about what to do if you're passionate about two issues, and whether or not you should pick just one.
>> 6 Lies we tell ourselves that keep us from serving:
- Lie 1: “I’m waiting for the right time”
- Lie 2: “I don’t have enough to offer.”
- Lie 3: “I’m not needed.”
- Lie 4: “I don’t feel drawn to a certain cause.”
- Lie 5: “I tried volunteering and it didn’t work out.”
- Lie 6: “I can’t really make a difference.”
>> Our conversation is based on this Relevant Magazine article: Things that hold us back from serving others
>> New content this week:
- Über practical fundraising: Sell custom t-shirts (5 steps)
- Über practical fundraising: Start a blog (7 steps)
>> Join our email list: Words on Wednesday!