EPISODE 13: Our story: trying to bring real life and missions life together [September 2014]
In this episode we tell our story: trying to bring real life and missions life together. We also discuss two recent articles from the world of missions, including an update to the missionary that contracted Ebola. Finally, we answer a listener's question about the 10/40 window.
>> BBC World News: US Ebola patient Kent Brantly 'thrilled to be alive'
>> Commission Stories: Divided Thai village reflects spiritual light and darkness
>> Our story: trying to bring real life and missions life together
- A mission field is simply an environment that God has put in front of you to passionately serve and minister to.
- “...you'll be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
- What mission field has God put in front of you?
>> The 10/40 window is the area between 10° north latitude and 40° north latitude. It includes the majority of the world's unreached people, with almost 5 billion residing inside of the “window.”
>> New Content:
- 4 Phases everyone goes through after an international mission trip
- New gear pages
- New “Getting started” page
- New Weekly Encouragement emails! (Just scroll down to the bottom of the page to add your email address to our Weekly Encouragement list!)
>> Check out our t-shirts! Don't forget to use the coupon code mentioned in the episode!
You can subscribe to the podcast through iTunes by clicking here.