EPISODE 10: Don't drink the water (and 6 other ways to stay healthy on your mission trip) [June 2014]
In this episode we talk about 7 ways you can stay healthy on your mission trip. We also discuss current happenings in the world of missions and answer a listener's question about the difference between a third world country and a developing country.
>> The Huffington Post: The latest in Nigeria
>> Foreignpolicy.com: What's it like to do 'hard labor' in North Korea?
>> IMB.org: WorldView: New Americans
>> Mission Network News: Bible comics introduce islanders to the love of God
>> Don't drink the water (and 6 other ways to stay healthy on your mission trip):
- Don't drink the water.
- Don’t eat fruit or vegetables that don’t have peels.
- Eat the spicy stuff. (Source: Cornell.edu, Source: About.com)
- Bring snacks. (Tip from Connect Global)
- Don’t eat if it’s iffy, only if it’s spiffy. (When in doubt, avoid the meat.)
- Take note of the "fly count" (and other bugs).
- Go with your gut feeling.
>> New Content:
>> Getting ready for your summer mission trip? Check out our mission trip gear kits.
You can subscribe to the podcast through iTunes by clicking here.